Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is an autoimmune inflammation of the large intestine (or colon) that affects 1.2 million people annually in North America.
Standard-of-care treatment can include heavy, often life-long use of anti-inflammatory and immune-suppressing drugs and surgery to remove the colon. While these steps are often necessary, few gastroenterologists also look at the whole person to find and treat root causes before taking such drastic measures. Under the care of Dr. Dan Wool, naturopathic treatments can help relieve your symptoms and help prevent further intestinal damage.
Why Choose Naturopathy For Ulcerative Colitis?
Ulcerative Colitis damages the innermost lining of the large intestine and rectum through constant inflammation. It can cause frequent attack episodes that impair quality of life, causing rectal bleeding, urgent bowel movements, and severe abdominal pain. Left untreated, UC sufferers also have an increased risk for colon cancer.
What exactly causes UC isn’t fully understood; however, we do know that naturopathic treatments can successfully complement – and sometimes even replace – traditional therapies to reduce digestive tract inflammation and reduce symptoms such as bowel pain, urgency, and frequency of toilet trips. By looking deeper into the relationship between the gut microbiome and the entire body, people can receive more personalized treatment to overcome Ulcerative Colitis.
Dr. Dan Wool can help you regain control over your life by providing naturopathic treatments that manage your inflammation and reduce the severity of your symptoms.
Dr. Wool’s Gut Repair Plan For Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Wool uses a variety of naturopathic treatments immediately. As a natural gut health doctor, Dr. Wool’s gut repair plan addresses symptoms of ulcerative colitis through the following steps:
- Meeting and Assessment: Dr. Wool will perform a thorough 90-minute intake and exam to assess your symptoms, their frequency, your overall medical history, any history of infections or flare-ups, and other important factors that play into your overall health.
- Testing: Dr. Wool may order various gastrointestinal specialty tests to uncover the underlying issues associated with your Ulcerative Colitis, such as food sensitivity tests, stool, and gut microbiome tests, SIBO tests, and/or nutrient deficiency tests.
- Initial Care: At your initial appointment, Dr. Wool will recommend initial treatments and botanical and nutritional supplements to help relieve your gut from symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis.
- Review Test Results: After receiving the test results, Dr. Wool will provide a comprehensive review of his findings, made easy for you to understand and proactively participate in.
- Treatment for Ulcerative Colitis: Throughout your recommended treatment plan, Dr. Wool can prescribe a personalized combination of treatments, including probiotics, herbal supplements, and dietary and lifestyle changes to eliminate symptoms and the need for prescription medications.
Natural approaches can add many benefits to your life, especially if you experience moderate to severe forms of Ulcerative Colitis. Dr. Dan Wool, NMD, in Scottsdale, Arizona, can help you regain a healthy, long life through effective ulcerative colitis treatment. Call Dr. Dan Wool or schedule an appointment online today.