An estimated 18 million men in the United States experience erectile dysfunction (or ED). Erectile dysfunction can be the result of multiple factors, including early vascular disease, diabetes, low testosterone, and medication side effects. In addition, chronic diseases can develop years in advance without notice, and it’s often around age 40 or over that most people start to experience a subtle decline in their health. When you consult with Dan Wool, NMD, for a men’s health assessment, he spends time and truly cares about helping you lead and maintain an active, healthy life with natural, holistic care.
Why Choose Naturopathy for Men’s Health?
Men’s health comprises a range of health issues, including problems with libido, energy, and overall wellness. However, one of the biggest problems present in men’s health is the lack of emphasis on health problems, as only 40% of men see their doctor regularly. This increases the risk of chronic diseases in men, including prostate diseases, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and thyroid problems. These issues can often stem from ignored problems such as hormonal imbalances, which include low testosterone and erectile dysfunction.
Dr. Dan Wool can help you stay healthy by addressing both your symptoms and underlying conditions, taking a whole-body approach that includes all factors related to your health. By using naturopathic treatments, Dr. Wool can tackle many common health problems faced by men, including Erectile Dysfunction.
An estimated 18 million men in the United States experience erectile dysfunction (ED). And let’s face it – it’s also embarrassing for most guys to even bring it up to their doctors.
While the origins of erectile dysfunction are affected by numerous factors, early vascular disease, diabetes, low testosterone, and medication side effects are the most common causes. . Because of the correlation between erectile dysfunction and these factors, addressing the problem of low libido and male impotence benefit from holistic evaluation and more natural solutions.
Erectile dysfunction can be common in middle age and elderly men, and it’s often seen as a sign of an underlying health problem. One of the biggest problems is that conventional treatments for erectile dysfunction do not address the root cause or look at the bigger picture of a man’s health. Ways Dr. Wool approaches ED.
Shockwave Therapy: Shockwave therapy is a non-invasive in-office therapy. It works by sending sound waves through your skin and into the blood vessels in your penis. The sound waves break apart the fatty plaques inside the small vessels to increase blood flow and activate your body’s healing response. It can stimulate blood vessel growth, improving erections and sexual libido. Dr. Wool will use a numbing cream to ensure your comfort throughout your session, and multiple sessions of shockwave treatments are often recommended to achieve optimal results.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy: Erectile dysfunction often develops from hormone-related problems. While most doctors jump right to testosterone, Dr. Wool also closely looks at levels of other hormones that when too high or too low can be erectile roadblocks for men such as estradiol, estrone, dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and cortisol. In these cases, Dr. Wool can prescribe bioidentical hormone replacement therapy using plants with a similar chemical structure as your body’s natural hormones. These treatments are customized to contain the dose you need to restore hormone levels that therefore improve your symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
Dr. Wool’s Hormone Balancing Plan for Men’s Health
Through his hormone balancing plan, Dr. Dan Wool, NMD, can provide naturopathic therapies to tackle all areas of men’s health, including erectile dysfunction. His treatment plan goes through the following steps:
- Meet and Assessment: When meeting with Dr. Wool, he will perform a thorough 90-minute intake and exam to assess your current symptoms, medical history, and other factors that play into your hormonal health.
- Testing for Men’s Health: Dr. Wool will order and perform a complete male hormone panel wellness and blood panel to determine what’s causing your hormone imbalance and determine your best treatment options.
- Test Result Review: Dr. Wool will provide a comprehensive review of his findings after receiving the test results.
- Treatment for Men’s Health: Dr. Wool can prescribe a personalized combination of treatments to control hormonal imbalances and reestablish the body’s natural function. Some treatment options that can be provided include herbal and nutritional supplements, bioidentical hormone therapy, IV nutrition, and dietary changes.
- Follow-Up and Review: Once the treatment plan is in place, Dr. Wool will schedule regular follow-up appointments to assess and optimize hormone levels, reconnect with his patients and track their progress with their hormonal health.
Schedule a free in-person or telehealth appointment to learn more about men’s health care. Call his office in Scottsdale, Arizona, or use the online booking feature today.