Our hormones work together to create an entire communication system for our bodies, but even minor disruptions in hormone levels can lead to frustrating symptoms that are often misdiagnosed.
Why Choose Naturopathy for Female Hormone Balance?
Our endocrine system produces various vital hormones for our bodies to function. Each of the glands throughout the endocrine system influences organ development, blood pressure, metabolism rate, nervous system reactions, and even heart rate. For women, hormones such as estrogen, progesterone, and even testosterone are influenced by the ovaries for reproductive health, alongside the assistance of other glands such as the pituitary gland, thyroid, and adrenal glands.
Hormonal imbalances in women are relatively common, affecting at least 25 to 50% of adults. The endocrine system can easily be disturbed by environmental toxins, nutritional deficiencies, birth control pills, and stress. They’re often overlooked even when the impact of hormonal imbalances leads to painful periods, PMS, severe acne, depression, uterine fibroids, and even miscarriages.
Our hormones regulate our digestion, sleep patterns, overall mood, and our growth and development. Targeting hormonal imbalances in the endocrine system can be beneficial, but without looking at the relationship between the person’s symptoms and their body, most treatments are limited. Conventional medicine often comes with long-term side effects and doesn’t always focus on the root cause of the problem.
That’s why Dr. Dan Wool focuses on naturopathic medicine as a way to treat his patients with female hormone imbalances.
Dr. Wool’s Hormone Balancing Plan for Female Hormone Balance
Dr. Dan Wool, NMD, specializes in naturopathic medicine to treat the cause of your hormone imbalance. Through his hormone balancing plan, he can treat your hormone and any underlying causes for your symptoms under the following steps:
- Meet and Assessment: When meeting with Dr. Wool, he will perform a thorough 90-minute intake and exam to assess your current symptoms, medical history, skin issues, history of mental health problems, and other factors that play into your hormonal health.
- Testing for Female Hormone Imbalance: Dr. Wool will order and perform a complete hormone and wellness blood panel to determine what’s causing your hormone imbalance and determine your best treatment options.
- Initial Body Cleanse: During your initial appointment, Dr. Wool utilizes a clean, effective detox and herbal compounds to improve your hormone efficiency. The cleanse will help prepare your body for future treatments and help restore natural hormone levels temporarily.
- Test Result Review: After receiving the test results, Dr. Wool will provide a comprehensive review of his findings.
- Treatment for Female Hormone Balance: Dr. Wool can prescribe a personalized combination of treatments to control hormonal imbalances and reestablish the body’s natural function. Some treatment options that can be provided include herbal supplements, bioidentical hormone therapy, IV nutrition, and dietary changes.
- Follow-Up and Review: Once the treatment plan is in place, Dr. Wool will schedule follow-up appointments to reconnect with his patients and track their progress with their hormonal health.
To schedule a free in-person or telehealth consultation, call his office in Scottsdale, Arizona, or book an appointment online today.