Crohn’s disease is chronic, ranging in its symptoms, and can present severe complications if not treated. By looking at the factors affecting your lifestyle and gut microbiome, Dr. Dan Wool can provide effective naturopathic treatment for your digestive problems and relieve your symptoms.
Why Choose Naturopathy for Crohn’s Disease?
Gastrointestinal symptoms such as bloating, constipation, and abdominal cramps are often overlooked as mild stomach flu. However, in chronic cases, these symptoms can lead to inflammatory diseases such as Crohn’s disease. Crohn’s, an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), it affects the entire digestive tract from the mouth to the anus, causing difficulties with eating and absorbing nutrients properly.
Crohn’s disease’s official cause is uncertain, but it is an autoimmune disease where the body attacks itself, in this case, various parts of the digestive tract. It can be challenging to diagnose for most physicians because its symptoms vary from person to person. The complex nature of this disease means that all potential causes, either internal or external, should be investigated to address the symptoms at hand and to prevent complications. Naturopathic medicine offers this holistic approach.
It’s essential that people with Crohn’s disease seek treatment. About 70% of patients with Crohn’s disease need surgery due to complications such as infections, obstructions, and perforations. Adverse effects from anti-inflammatory and immune-modulating medications can, at times exacerbate symptoms. Increasing reliance on medications can increase the severity of inflammatory episodes without treating root causes.
Crohn’s disease can be challenging to manage, but natural treatments and addressing the whole person can effectively remedy symptom flare-ups. Dr. Dan Wool can recommend natural options for patients with Crohn’s Disease and other inflammatory bowel diseases using clinical nutrition, botanical medicine, and other gentle naturopathic modalities.
Dr. Wool’s Gut Repair Plan for Crohn’s Disease
Dr. Wool uses a variety of naturopathic treatments immediately. As a natural gut health doctor, Dr. Wool’s gut repair plan addresses symptoms of ulcerative colitis through the following steps:
- Meeting and Assessment: Dr. Wool will perform a thorough 90-minute intake and exam to assess your symptoms, their frequency, your overall medical history, any history of infections or flare-ups, and other essential factors that play into your overall health.
- Testing: Dr. Wool may order various gastrointestinal specialty tests to uncover the underlying issues associated with your Ulcerative Colitis, such as food sensitivity tests, stool, gut microbiome tests, SIBO tests, and/or nutrient deficiency tests.
- Initial Care: At your initial appointment, Dr. Wool will recommend initial treatments and botanical and nutritional supplements to help relieve your gut from symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis.
- Review Test Results: After receiving the test results, Dr. Wool will provide a comprehensive review of his findings, made easy for you to understand and proactively participate in.
- Treatment for Ulcerative Colitis: Throughout your recommended treatment plan, Dr. Wool can prescribe a personalized combination of treatments, including probiotics, herbal supplements, and dietary and lifestyle changes to eliminate symptoms and the need for prescription medications.
Natural approaches can add numerous benefits to your life, especially if you suffer from Crohn’s disease. Dr. Dan Wool, NMD, in Scottsdale, Arizona, can help you regain a healthy, long life through effective management and treatment. Call Dr. Dan Wool or schedule an appointment online today.