Sleep is our most important recovery tool. As a pillar of our health, not having consistent enough quality sleep can cause our bodies to become dysregulated. Seeking naturopathic remedies for your sleep problems can be an excellent resource for your health. Dr. Dan Wool offers naturopathic treatments to help you regain quality sleep by treating the root cause.
Mind Over Mattress: Why Insomnia and Sleep Apnea Need Natural Prevention
Insomnia, sleep apnea, and other sleep disorders are disruptive and harmful to every aspect of our bodies. These conditions tend to develop when our lifestyle is overly stressful or can indicate an underlying condition. One of the worst things having sleepless nights can do to the body is disrupt our circadian rhythm.
The circadian rhythm helps regulate our sleep-wake cycle, affecting our hormones and our cognition, which has tremendous impacts on the body as a whole. Our bodies operate on a 24-hour cycle rising and setting with the sun. Underlying problems such as lifestyle stress, menopause, mental health issues, hormonal imbalances, and even changes in routine create variations in our sleep-wake cycle.
When our circadian rhythm is off balance, it can cause further changes to our hormone levels, affect cellular regulation, cause changes to our neurotransmitters, and harm the relationship we have with our bodies. Physicians in the industry of medical care have forgotten many of the basic, natural ways sleep problems can be treated, resorting to prescription drugs first without acknowledging the real problems underneath. :JUst take a pill” doesn’t address the root cause.
For symptoms of insomnia, sleep apnea, and other disorders, a natural approach makes sure that the real issues are listened to and that each individual is cared for according to their needs. Dr. Dan Wool, NMD, listens to his patients and can provide naturopathic treatments to diagnose and treat the whole body that’s affected by poor sleep.
Dr. Wool’s Recovery Plan for Your Sleep Problems
Dr. Wool uses a variety of naturopathic treatments to uncover underlying issues responsible for your sleep problems. As a natural gut and hormone health doctor, Dr. Wool’s sleep recovery plan can address the underlying causes of insomnia, sleep apnea, and other sleep disorders through the following simple steps:
- Meet and Assess: After meeting with Dr. Wool, he will perform a thorough 90-minute intake and exam to assess your current symptoms, medical history, and other factors that play into your sleep problems.
- Testing: During the initial appointment, Dr. Wool can perform wellness blood panels, hormone panels, food intolerance testing, and neurotransmitter tests to provide a proper diagnosis. If needed, referrals may be used.
- Cleanse: If your sleep problems arise from hormonal or nutritional causes, then Dr. Wool can provide detox and herbal compounds to improve your sleep temporarily.
- Review: Once the test results are received, then Dr. Wool will provide a comprehensive, easy-to-understand review of his findings at your next appointment.
- Treatment: Dr. Wool will recommend a treatment plan customized to your symptoms and underlying conditions, providing a prescription for methods such as hormonal treatments, herbal supplements, stress management, and nutritional guidance to improve your sleep.
- Connect and Follow-Up: When following your treatment plan, he will schedule follow-up appointments to reconnect with his patients and track your progress.
In his approach to holistic health, Dr. Dan Wool, NMD, specializes in naturopathic treatment; he takes an approach to not only treat common symptoms but also improve your sleep cycle, improve weight loss, increase your overall energy, and prevent future complications. Make sure to schedule an appointment with Dr. Wool today to see how he can help you reconnect to yourself once again.